Sharkmob is on the lookout for a skilled Build Engineer/Perforce Engineer who's experienced working with DevOps. You will support the infrastructure and platform solutions that enable our developers to produce amazing games. You will be working closely with our studios in Malmö and London, ensuring we have a stable control system with minimal unexpected downtime. In this role, you will also be managing and working closely with Perforce to develop our systems and make our ways of working more efficient.
The ideal candidate will help us find ways to build and run services in a repeatable, collaborative DevOps style, solving problems before anyone notices them and leaving systems more reliable and secure than they found them.
- Maintain and grow our Perforce environment, working with our developers and artists to effectively prioritize, communicate status, and address source control administration, scalability, integration, and support requests.
- Build, maintain, and monitor source control server analytic systems, proactively taking action on areas of concern.
- Conduct scripting for administrative tasks (Bash, Python, Powershell, etc).
- Perform regular maintenance tasks, including application patching, app/plugin updates, and configuration changes.
- Ensure applications are consistently monitored, backed up, and documented.
- Investigate and provide root cause analysis for incidents.
- Define and detail standard run books and operating procedures.
- Share knowledge freely, assist teammates in learning coding, systems engineering, etc., and help raise the team's overall skill level.
- 3+ years of professional experience in system administration supporting Linux and Windows in areas such as automated OS installation and security best practices, package management, machine provisioning and lifecycle management.
- Strong knowledge of Revision Control Systems administration, preferably with Perforce.
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills with computer hardware, operating systems, and applications.
- Experience with network service troubleshooting and configuration.
- Ability to work well independently within a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Experience with config management/provisioning automation: Ansible, Salt, or a similar tool.
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA-quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights. Sharkmob is currently working on three major projects: Bloodhunt - a battle royale set in the Vampire: The Masquerade universe; and two proprietary, unannounced projects.
We hope that you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more great perks of being a crew member. If you want to know more about Sharkmob and our projects, take a look at our homepage.