Sharkmob London are creating a brand new IP and are searching for somebody to work on its bespoke narrative. A multiplayer game with triple “A” execution when it comes to dialogue, characters, their storylines and a holistic world striving to capture the imagination of players around the globe. As a Senior writer you’ll be given a chance to create the cornerstones of a brand new world and the stories of its denizens, working alongside a team of industry veterans (with experience from titles such as Witcher 3, Cyberpunk 2077 and Path of Exile).
- Writing dialogue for psychologically complex, multi-dimensional characters.
- Crafting engaging, memorable characters with believable motivations.
- Creating compelling stories on all narrative levels – arcs, quests and scenes.
- Crafting narratives that make most of the video game medium (storytelling through game design).
- Working alongside cross-functional teams & departments to fully realise the collective, creative vision for the project.
- A proven track record of professional writing, preferably in a AAA studio/game, but other creative industries would also be considered e.g., TV, Film, etc.
- You have an in-depth and comprehensive perspective on narrative and story delivery in RPGs and online games.
- You have a complex understanding of different modes of storytelling (genres, conventions, motifs) and dialogue structures.
- You are comfortable revising material promptly after receiving feedback accommodating different disciplines (narrative, art, and game design requirements).
Sharkmob London is a brand-new AAA studio in the heart of London, with aspirations to build one of the largest and most creatively ambitious development teams in the world. Just like the original Sharkmob studio in Malmö, Sharkmob London was founded by a team of industry veterans. As a part of Tencent Games we have the experience, backing, and ambition to build the games of the future!
Remuneration and benefits
- Competitive salaries based on up-to-date data from external benchmarking providers & reviewed annually.
- 30 days annual leave, in addition to all UK Bank Holidays.
- Hybrid work-from-home policy.
- Discretionary annual performance-based bonus.
- Private pension (10% total, up to 5% individual contribution matched by Sharkmob).
- BUPA private Healthcare, Cigna dental cover, life insurance scheme and income protection policy.
- £425 yearly preventative healthcare allowance.
- Core studio hours 10:00-16:00 with 1 'wellness hour' to be used per week.
- Daily breakfasts, snacks & refreshments at the studio.
- VISA sponsorship (individual & dependents).
- Relocation assistance for people outside the UK (1 month accommodation, flights/travel paid for, logistics/removal costs reimbursed).
- Assistance for people reloccating within the UK (reimbursement for expenses on travel into London for flat viewings and moving vans/couriers).
- London, UK
Sharkmob makes multiplayer games with a focus on the player and the community. Many of us come from a PC and console background and we always push for AAA production value in our projects. We love to constantly challenge ourselves, pushing technology to the max while applying every ounce of skill and creativity we have.
Loading application form