Sharkmob is on an epic journey, and we want you to join us! Sharkmob is growing and has opened a new studio in central London. The studio is currently in its founding stages, so this is a highly unique opportunity to be a part of a great adventure!
Come explore new territory in the realm of AAA online gaming. Our studios are working on three new titles, one of which being a battle royale twist to Vampire: The Masquerade. Collaboration for us is key, working in cross-discipline teams allows us to bring together our expertise and create the best possible experiences for our players. We are looking for people who want to have fun at work, share ownership, and make smart decisions. Responsible people who have a positive attitude, are passionate, and value professionalism.
The games we are making, and the level of ambition we have, require a wide range of backgrounds and expertise. It takes lots of different people and we would love for you to be one of them!
The Design Team is a multi-disciplinary group focused on the delivery of compelling player experiences through ideation, iteration, and implementation. The team is passionate about finding creative solutions to design challenges and responsible for filtering the game vision into individual features, levels, combat, quests and encounters. Collaborating closely with all other disciplines, the design team supports features throughout the full development lifecycle to ensure high-quality experiences are delivered on schedule.
- Work with the Senior Combat Designer to support the vision and goals for combat
- Work with Unreal Engine to tune the combat experience for our game
- Evangelise the quality targets for combat to the wider team
- Conduct research across all streams of media to better deliver against the goals and vision of the combat experience for our project
- Regularly seek feedback from the wider team to aid you in honing the combat experience
- Assist in the development of the tools and systems necessary to deliver combat to the highest possible quality
- An experienced combat designer who has shipped at least one title in a combat design role
- A passionate gamer with a love for combat focussed games
- An individual with excellent rapid prototyping skills
- You have demonstrable experience delivering features that rely on timing and feel
- You understand combat systems in games across our industry
- As a bonus, you are familiar with the constraints of implementing combat in an online game
How you will grow
At Sharkmob we want you to be the best you can be and that is why in this role we will help you to learn and develop skills in:
- Taking ownership of parts of the combat system for a big budget, online title
- Work closely with an experienced senior combat designer to accelerate your understanding of combat in an online title
- Join us during the concept phase and play a key role in the team throughout the development cycle
Sharkmob London is a brand-new AAA studio in the heart of London, with aspirations to build one of the largest and most creatively ambitious development teams in the world. Just like the original Sharkmob studio in Malmö, Sharkmob London was founded by a team of industry veterans. As a part of Tencent Games we have the experience, backing, and ambition to build the games of the future!
Remuneration and benefits
- Competitive salaries based on up-to-date data from external benchmarking providers & reviewed annually.
- 30 days annual leave, in addition to all UK Bank Holidays.
- Hybrid work-from-home policy.
- Discretionary annual performance-based bonus.
- Private pension (10% total, up to 5% individual contribution matched by Sharkmob).
- BUPA private Healthcare, Cigna dental cover, life insurance scheme and income protection policy.
- £425 yearly preventative healthcare allowance.
- Core studio hours 10:00-16:00 with 1 'wellness hour' to be used per week.
- Daily breakfasts, snacks & refreshments at the studio.
- VISA sponsorship (individual & dependents).
- Relocation assistance for people outside the UK (1 month accommodation, flights/travel paid for, logistics/removal costs reimbursed).
- Assistance for people reloccating within the UK (reimbursement for expenses on travel into London for flat viewings and moving vans/couriers).