We are looking for people who want to have fun at work, share ownership, and make smart decisions; responsible people who have a positive attitude, are passionate, and value professionalism.
The games we are making, and the level of ambition we have, require a wide range of backgrounds and expertise. It takes lots of different people and we would love for you to be one of them! At Sharkmob, we value teamwork, trust, motivation, and setting colleagues up for success, all of which are key to making great games and creating a healthy work environment. We strive to empower developers, and there will be plenty of opportunities to make your mark and impact the way we work.
Sharkmob are working on two, completely new, AAA online games using UE5 and are looking for a Gameplay Engineer to design & prototype fun, engaging & useable game systems across all layers from network to screen. Working in a cross-functional engineering team, you'll be collaborating closely with Design, Narrative & Art to bring to life world class interactive experiences.
The Engineering Team is a multi-disciplinary group working across all things tech. The team is at the cutting edge of development in UE5 and are all passionate technologists who thrive on engineering excellence and a collaborative approach to finding new and innovative solutions.
- Work closely with the Design team to prototype new, innovative & exciting game experiences.
- Develop game systems that stretch from the network layer, to gameplay, to screen.
- Liaise with other disciplines to reduce friction and streamline iteration.
- Work collaboratively & communicate effectively to maintain engineering excellence and high quality across our codebase.
- Demonstrable experience of having shipped at least one title or equivalent experience of working on a AAA title in a Gameplay Engineering role or similar.
- A confident & skillful C/C++ programmer with experience of using C/C++ in a Gameplay Engineering role or similar.
- High level of understanding of computer science fundamentals and mathematics.
- You understand the concepts behind developing networked gameplay systems.
- You have a passion for online games.
- You have a developed sense of game design and high quality in gameplay features.
- Excited about prototyping features and solving abstract software problems.
- Experience of using Unreal Engine
Who we are
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights. Sharkmob is currently working on three major projects: Bloodhunt - a battle royale set in the Vampire: The Masquerade universe; and two proprietary, unannounced projects. We hope that you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more great perks of being a crew member. If you want to know more about Sharkmob and our projects, take a look at our homepage.