Senior Environment Artist - Foliage
As a Senior Environment artist who is passionate about Foliage you will create and develop AAA quality foliage and environments that build our worlds. You'll work with the Lead Environment Artist to develop new processes and ultimately create foliage that follows the requirements set out by the art direction. You will also work with your team and producers to plan and track your work and identify solutions to increase the visual quality of the games we make.
- Create amazing trees, bushes and plants that make our games come to life, by developing new features, tools and shaders
- Work alongside the Tech Art team and Art Direction to define all foliage needs while sticking to the projects style and direction requirements
- Working with scanned foliage, create realistic textures and models for all foliage needs
- Collaborating with the photogrammetry department to ensure all work that is needed can be captured accurately and on time
- Alongside the Production team and the Lead Environment Artist help plan your work, identifying dependencies and raising risks.
- Regularly communicate with the Lead Environment Artist to discuss progress and review work.
- Collaborate with all disciplines to understand their requirements and propose solutions to these.
- A portfolio showcasing photorealistic foliage within a game engine
- Proven track record for creating high detail foliage from scanned textures
- Strong understanding of Speedtree and other relevant software packages such as Substance and Photoshop
- Understanding of photogrammetry and photometric content creation
- Environment compositional skills within a game engine such as UE5
- Proactive in identifying issues and communicating this to the relevant stakeholders.
- Enjoy working with other disciplines.
- A love for problem solving and driving innovation.
- A passion for creating and playing games.
Sharkmob London is a brand-new AAA studio in the heart of London, with aspirations to build one of the largest and most creatively ambitious development teams in the world. Just like the original Sharkmob studio in Malmö, Sharkmob London was founded by a team of industry veterans. As a part of Tencent Games we have the experience, backing, and ambition to build the games of the future!
Remuneration and benefits
- Competitive salaries based on up-to-date data from external benchmarking providers & reviewed annually.
- 30 days annual leave, in addition to all UK Bank Holidays.
- Hybrid work-from-home policy.
- Discretionary annual performance-based bonus.
- Private pension (10% total, up to 5% individual contribution matched by Sharkmob).
- BUPA private Healthcare, Cigna dental cover, life insurance scheme and income protection policy.
- £425 yearly preventative healthcare allowance.
- Core studio hours 10:00-16:00 with 1 'wellness hour' to be used per week.
- Daily breakfasts, snacks & refreshments at the studio.
- VISA sponsorship (individual & dependents).
- Relocation assistance for people outside the UK (1 month accommodation, flights/travel paid for, logistics/removal costs reimbursed).
- Assistance for people relocating within the UK (reimbursement for expenses on travel into London for flat viewings and moving vans/couriers).
- Environment Art
- London, UK
Sharkmob makes multiplayer games with a focus on the player and the community. Many of us come from a PC and console background and we always push for AAA production value in our projects. We love to constantly challenge ourselves, pushing technology to the max while applying every ounce of skill and creativity we have.
Senior Environment Artist - Foliage
Loading application form