Senior UI/UX Artist
Sharkmob London are creating a brand-new, online game for PC and Console. We are looking for a Senior UI Artist/Designer to help mould the player experience and UI for the game and wider brand.
You will be joining a small but growing UI/UX team working with the lead UI/UX designer. You will be responsible for designing how players interact with the world we are creating here as well as helping develop and define the visual language for all things UI from the very early days of a new title and IP.
- Work closely with the UI/UX lead to help define a holistic UI from prototype to launch.
- Design and create effective UX solutions from Game design briefs.
- Collaborate with art and design to create inspiring visuals.
- Work closely with other departments from Tech, VFX, Art and Design to deliver the right solutions for the right feature.
- Champion the player when it comes to designing how people interact with our game.
- Help set up pipelines to ensure we can deliver off our visual and functional goals.
- Work closely with the production team to inform our project timelines.
- Experience working in a AAA game environment.
- Experience in defining the UI visual style for games.
- Knowledge and experience in graphic design, typography and creating a consistent UI language.
- A portfolio showing your experience in designing UI for games (and other use cases if you have them).
- Highly skilled in the Adobe Suite, photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects as well as knowledge of Figma for wireframing and prototypes.
- Comfortable working with other disciplines to define content pipelines.
- A passion for problem-solving and driving innovation.
- Passionate about creating and playing games.
- Unreal Engine experience UMG (nice to have).
- Experience in using Figma and prototyping
- Experience working on RPG adventure games on PC/Console
- Experience working on the initial stages of game development
Sharkmob London is a brand-new AAA studio in the heart of London, with aspirations to build one of the largest and most creatively ambitious development teams in the world. Just like the original Sharkmob studio in Malmö, Sharkmob London was founded by a team of industry veterans. As a part of Tencent Games we have the experience, backing, and ambition to build the games of the future!
Remuneration and benefits
- Competitive salaries based on up-to-date data from external benchmarking providers & reviewed annually.
- 30 days annual leave, in addition to all UK Bank Holidays.
- Hybrid work-from-home policy.
- Discretionary annual performance-based bonus.
- Private pension (10% total, up to 5% individual contribution matched by Sharkmob).
- BUPA private Healthcare, Cigna dental cover, life insurance scheme and income protection policy.
- £425 yearly preventative healthcare allowance.
- Core studio hours 10:00-16:00 with 1 'wellness hour' to be used per week.
- Daily breakfasts, snacks & refreshments at the studio.
- VISA sponsorship (individual & dependents).
- Relocation assistance for people outside the UK (1 month accommodation, flights/travel paid for, logistics/removal costs reimbursed).
- Assistance for people relocating within the UK (reimbursement for expenses on travel into London for flat viewings and moving vans/couriers).
- London, UK
Sharkmob makes multiplayer games with a focus on the player and the community. Many of us come from a PC and console background and we always push for AAA production value in our projects. We love to constantly challenge ourselves, pushing technology to the max while applying every ounce of skill and creativity we have.
Senior UI/UX Artist
Loading application form