Sharkmob is making two exciting new games, and we are looking for someone to help us make the best games possible. The team has big ambitions, and we value smart decisions, creative professionalism, and passion for the craft. We seek someone with a deep interest in AI who is dedicated to creating interesting and polished behaviors. The candidate we are looking for is a skilled AI programmer that can work closely with the design, art, and other teams to create different types of agents in the game.
As an AI programmer, you will work with a wide range of agents for different encounters. You’ll also make the world full of life while making sure to reach set performance targets. We see that you have several years of coding experience (in gaming industry preferably; working with C++ or equivalent) rather than with machine learning.
- Several years of game development experience
- Advanced/Expert knowledge in C++ (or equivalent programming language)
- Enjoys working with multiple different disciplines to create interesting AI agents and the encounters surrounding them
- Good understanding of how to design, implement, and work in a feature-rich game engine
- Ability to analyze and dissect AI behaviors and what makes them work
- Can design highly performant systems that support many agents
- Effective communication and collaboration skills with other development disciplines
- Being able to help or lead AI-related feature implementation
- A passion for games!
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4 or 5
- Shipped one or more games for PC and Console
Who we are
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA-quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights. Our first game, Bloodhunt, was released last year and we are currently working on two proprietary, unannounced projects.
At Sharkmob, we are committed to building an inclusive team that represents diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skillsets – because we believe that helps us create great games. We welcome all candidates that are aligned with our core values of shared ownership, smart decisions and last but not least – having fun! We hope that you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more great perks of being a crew member. If you want to know more about Sharkmob and our projects, take a look at our homepage.