We are seeking a Senior VFX artist to join Sharkmob on a new unannounced project!
You will be part of the VFX team working together in creating and delivering high-end effects and any other place where VFX comes into play. The team has big ambitions, and we value smart decisions, creative professionalism, and passion for the craft.
You will have a great deal of ownership and influence over the VFX in the game, and you will collaborate and compromise with other departments to reach the best solution possible. You will work closely with the design, concept and programming departments to determine what we want to create and help realize great ideas to improve the game. Besides that, we value team performance over individual performance and strive to work as effectively as a unit as possible.
- Several years of experience with real-time VFX creation
- Being able to create a wide range of effects, including realistic ones
- Shipped at least one AAA-games
- Great communication skills
- Solid ability to break down tasks and plan your work
- Comfortable exploring different options and doing a lot of technical problem-solving
- Solid understanding of shaders and how to set up shader networks to support your VFX
- Comfortable creating textures that can easily be reused
Nice to have
Who we are
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA-quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights. Our first game, Bloodhunt, was released last year and we are currently working on two proprietary, unannounced projects.
At Sharkmob, we are committed to building an inclusive team that represents diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skillsets – because we believe that helps us create great games. We welcome all candidates that are aligned with our core values of shared ownership, smart decisions and last but not least – having fun! We hope that you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more great perks of being a crew member. If you want to know more about Sharkmob and our projects, take a look at our homepage.