Sharkmob are growing rapidly and recruiting for their new London studio, looking for exceptional people to join the design team. You’ll be working closely with every design discipline, providing technical support and crafting the systems that form the heart of the game. Your role will be to design, prototype, document and support several key areas. You’ll be a major point of contact for the designers and will work closely with the engineering team.
The Design Team is a multi-disciplinary group focused on the delivery of compelling player experiences through ideation, iteration, and implementation. The team is passionate about finding creative solutions to design challenges and responsible for filtering the game vision into individual features, levels, combat, quests and encounters. Collaborating closely with all other disciplines, the design team supports features throughout the full development lifecycle to ensure high-quality experiences are delivered on schedule.
- Collaborate with the design and engineering teams to identify technical requirements
- Using Unreal Engine, create tools to assist in the rapid development and iteration of content, coming up with innovative solutions to problems, smoothing the path from idea to mechanic
- Implement and maintain blueprints and data for an ever-growing online game
- Document tools and provide support for the design team, owning a number of systems and serving as the point of contact
- Be passionate and proactive about giving the team the ability to create AAA content
- Shipped at least one title in a design role
- Experience using Unreal Engine to create tools and content
- Passionate about creating AAA games
- Confident with communicating cross-discipline
- Excellent documentation skills
- Experience working on at least one multiplayer title in a design role
- C++/C# experience a plus
Sharkmob London is a brand-new AAA studio in the heart of London, with aspirations to build one of the largest and most creatively ambitious development teams in the world. Just like the original Sharkmob studio in Malmö, Sharkmob London was founded by a team of industry veterans. As a part of Tencent Games we have the experience, backing, and ambition to build the games of the future!
At Sharkmob, we are committed to building an inclusive team that represents diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skillsets – because we believe that helps us create great games. We welcome all candidates that are aligned with our core values of shared ownership, smart decisions and last but not least – having fun!
Remuneration and benefits
- Competitive salaries based on up-to-date data from external benchmarking providers & reviewed annually.
- 30 days annual leave, in addition to all UK Bank Holidays.
- Hybrid work-from-home policy.
- Discretionary annual performance-based bonus.
- Private pension (10% total, up to 5% individual contribution matched by Sharkmob).
- BUPA private Healthcare, Cigna dental cover, life insurance scheme and income protection policy.
- £425 yearly preventative healthcare allowance.
- Core studio hours 10:00-16:00 with 1 'wellness hour' to be used per week.
- Daily breakfasts, snacks & refreshments at the studio.
- VISA sponsorship (individual & dependents).
- Relocation assistance for people outside the UK (1 month accommodation, flights/travel paid for, logistics/removal costs reimbursed).
- Assistance for people relocating within the UK (reimbursement for expenses on travel into London for flat viewings and moving vans/couriers)