Sharkmob is looking for a Lead Game Economy Designer to join us at our studio in Malmö, Sweden. In this role, you will design, own, and iterate on features in our upcoming unannounced AAA open-world action game.
Together with other Lead Game Designers, you will lead the design team and work closely with the Direction and production to deliver on the game's vision. Come explore new territory in the realm of online gaming!
Collaboration for us is crucial. Working in cross-discipline teams allows us to bring together our expertise and create the best experiences for our players. We are looking for people who want to have fun at work, share ownership, and make smart decisions; responsible people who have a positive attitude, are passionate, and value professionalism.
At Sharkmob, we value teamwork, trust, motivation, and setting colleagues up for success, all of which are key to making great games and creating a healthy work environment. We strive to empower developers, and there will be plenty of opportunities to make your mark and impact the game and how we work. The games we are making, and the level of ambition we have, require a wide range of backgrounds and expertise. It takes lots of different people and we would love for you to be one of them!
What you will do
- Collaborate with the other Game Design Leads to ensure that features are planned and delivered with all quantitative aspects clearly defined.
- Work alongside the Monetization, Product, and Marketing teams to deliver game systems that are fun, engaging, and provide business value.
- Assist the Tech team in defining and delivering the tools and systems needed to meet the design and gameplay needs of the project.
- Create an environment where people feel empowered and can do their best work.
- Mentor your direct reports in the craft of Game Design, especially in the more quantitative fields of Economy, Monetization, and Systems design.
- Ensure designs are of AAA quality, provide sustained engagement, and align with business goals through regular reviews of design work with peers and the wider team.
- Provide line management for Game Designers, ensuring 1-on-1’s take place, performance reviews are held, and plan career development plans with your direct reports.
- Hiring and developing people to provide the right expertise for the project.
Who you are
- You are an experienced lead who will ensure the design workload is delivered on time and to quality.
- You have an excellent understanding of player psychology, motivational models, and how they relate to game design, and you know how to make decisions based on telemetry data while maintaining player empathy.
- You have demonstrable experience in economy, monetization, and/or systems design and have shipped several PC or console titles.
- You have proficiency in quantitative design tools for modeling and balancing game systems such as Microsoft Excel or Python.
- You are an individual with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You are a team member who cares for people, both personally and professionally, and can develop productive, lasting relationships across all disciplines.
Please make sure your application is in English, our official company language.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and is open to all applicants intending to relocate as soon as possible.
Who we are
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA-quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights. Our first game, Bloodhunt, was released last year and we are currently working on two proprietary, unannounced projects.
At Sharkmob, we are committed to building an inclusive team that represents diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skillsets – because we believe that helps us create great games. We welcome all candidates who are aligned with our core values of shared ownership, smart decisions, and last but not least – having fun! We hope that you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more great perks of being a crew member. If you want to know more about Sharkmob and our projects, take a look at our homepage.