We are seeking a Senior Technical Artist to join Sharkmob on a new unannounced project! This is someone who will be working with Houdini and Unreal Engine and will help us create a wide range of procedural tools as we advance.
You will work with a team that the artists thank in their prayers as you save them hours and hours of boredom by creating tools that automate tedious, repetitive tasks. You enjoy designing procedural pipelines and growing your team's individuals.
We are looking for someone who likes solving complex, hard-to-define problems and working with talented artists and designers.
You will work with areas like procedural world generation, tool creation (in Houdini and Unreal Engine), and generating content for the game. Beyond that, you will research and develop art pipelines to help bring your coworkers' ideas to life!
As we are always looking for innovative solutions there will be many opportunities for you to bring your own ideas on how to use proceduralism to improve the game.
What we offer
- Competitive salaries aligned with industry and regional levels
- 30 days annual leave, in addition to all public holidays.
- Hybrid work-from-home policy.
- Bonus and profit sharing
- Private Healthcare
- 5000 SEK yearly preventative healthcare allowance.
- Core studio hours 10:00-16:00 with 1 'wellness hour' to be used per week.
- Breakfasts, fika and after works at the studio.
- VISA sponsorship and relocation assistance
- Happy for you to have side projects outside of work
- You have shipped at least one AAA game as Senior or Lead Technical Artist.
- Experience working with procedural setups in Houdini.
- You have previous professional experience working with a game engine.
- Excellent communication skills as you will work closely with your team and other departments.
- Strong problem-solving and prototyping abilities. You will face tasks and requests that are not clearly defined and work together with other departments to determine what you can achieve and how best to achieve it.
- A true team player since a large part of our job is solving problems for others, and you need to be able to support artists/designers with their work.
- A bonus if you have experience in mentoring Technical artists.
Who we are
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA-quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights. Our first game, Bloodhunt, was released last year and we are currently working on two proprietary, unannounced projects.
At Sharkmob, we are committed to building an inclusive team that represents diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skill sets – because we believe that helps us create great games. We welcome all candidates that are aligned with our core values of shared ownership, smart decisions, and last but not least – having fun! We hope you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more great perks of being a crew member. If you want to know more about Sharkmob and our projects, take a look at our homepage.