We are now looking for a Lead Build Engineer to support and take responsibility for defining, planning, and executing the work of the Build Engineering team as well as developing your team members. Besides this, you support the Producers and Tech Direction with the planning process, ensuring that the team can deliver on their goals through problem-solving, motivating, and supporting them when necessary.
Being collaborative and helping each other is the most essential part of our culture and the way we work. We are a team with big ambitions that values smart decisions and if you see yourself as a leader who thrives in an environment where you can influence the course of the project and develop your team - then we are the studio you're looking for!
- You have shipped at least one game in a Build Engineering role.
- Several years of experience in having direct reports and working with the development of your team.
- Proven track record as a Build/Release Engineer or similar and strong understanding of Continuous Integration.
- Several years of coding experience (preferably C# or Python)
- Strong knowledge of a source control system (e.g., Perforce, Git).
- Several years of experience with CI/CD frameworks preferably Jenkins.
- Passionate about improving build pipelines and reducing developer friction as well as monitoring builds to identify bottlenecks.
- An effective communicator who loves to work independently and in collaboration with other teams.
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Ansible.
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4/5.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and is open to all applicants intending to relocate as soon as possible.
Who we are
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA-quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights. Our first game, Bloodhunt, was released last year and we are currently working on two proprietary, unannounced projects.
At Sharkmob, we are committed to building an inclusive team that represents diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skillsets – because we believe that helps us create great games. We welcome all candidates that are aligned with our core values of shared ownership, smart decisions and last but not least – having fun! We hope that you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more great perks of being a crew member. If you want to know more about Sharkmob and our projects, take a look at our homepage.