Sharkmob is a growing game developer with studios in London and Malmö, Sweden. Creativity, passion for craft, and innovation are hallmarks of our young company. 2.5 years into its founding, our London studio is working on an ambitious AAA title and has more than 80 developers. The London studio is growing fast & you’ll be joining at an exciting time, helping build the foundations of our Engineering Team.
We're looking for a Senior Online Engineer to grow our online team by designing, implementing and iterating on new, exciting and scalable real-time multiplayer online features.
You’ll be part of the online team reporting to the lead online engineer, but also closely contribute with our engineering team, a multidisciplinary group working across all things technology.
Collaborating with cross-functional teams & managing stakeholders across the studio, you need to be an skilled online engineer with extensive experience of delivering in a AAA or similar professional environment.
- Ownership of online backend systems
- Work with Dev Ops mentality, ready to run and support their own code
- Mentor and help team members
- Work closely with the production team to inform project timelines.
- Work collaboratively & communicate effectively to maintain engineering
excellence and high quality across our code base.
- Excellent programming knowledge and software architectural skills(Go/C#)
- Experienced with Modern Web frameworks, network protocols, protocol buffer,
Api design and Cloud Services
- Ability to write scripts from the ground up for CI/CD, Docker, Kubernetes and Terraform.
- Design and optimization for databases (Sql, NoSql and In-memory)
- Monitoring, alarms, unit and integration tests
Nice to haves:
Experienced with Google cloud platform
Experienced with Microservices
Experienced with C++
Experienced with Message Queues
Remuneration and benefits:
- Competitive salaries based on up-to-date data from external benchmarking providers & reviewed annually.
- 30 days annual leave, in addition to all UK Bank Holidays.
- Hybrid work-from-home policy.
- Discretionary annual performance-based bonus.
- Private pension (10% total, up to 5% individual contribution matched by Sharkmob).
- BUPA private Healthcare, Cigna dental cover, life insurance scheme and income protection policy.
- £425 yearly preventative healthcare allowance.
- Core studio hours 10:00-16:00 with 1 'wellness hour' to be used per week.
- Daily breakfasts, snacks & refreshments at the studio.
- VISA sponsorship (individual & dependents).
- Relocation assistance for people outside the UK (1 month accommodation, flights/travel paid for, logistics/removal costs reimbursed).
- Assistance for people relocating within the UK (reimbursement for expenses on travel into London for flat viewings and moving vans/couriers).