As a Lead Level artist at Sharkmob, you will be a part of a passionate team working on an ambitious new IP. Working immediately under the Art Manager and in close working with the production team you will support your team with your senior technical experience and oversee:
- Delivery of high-quality environments that meet the visual standards of the project.
- Collaboration with the tech and level design teams to define and maintain environment content pipelines and work.
- Communication with internal artists and external outsourcing vendors.
- Collaboration with the extended team to drive our project forward with exciting ideas.
- Hiring and development of yourself and those around you.
- Working closely with the Art Director and Concept Artists to develop and maintain a consistent visual direction.
- Working closely with the production team to inform our project timelines.
Shipped at least one AAA game from end-to-end as a Lead Level artist.
- Experience managing and mentoring a team of Level artists.
- Comfortable making decisions that can affect the entire studio with a clear and level head.
- Has a very high degree of level design and narrative understanding
- Is motivated by leading and mentoring others.
- Excellent organisation and project planning skills
- Comfortable working with other disciplines to define environment content pipelines.
- Experienced and comfortable setting up and running outsourcing arrangements.
- A passion for problem-solving and driving innovation.
- A positive and creative force, who is proactive and takes initiative.
- Passionate in creating and playing games.
It will be beneficial if you have open-world experience.
Who we are
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA-quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights. Our first game, Bloodhunt, was released last year and we are currently working on two proprietary, unannounced projects.
At Sharkmob, we are committed to building an inclusive team that represents diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skillsets – because we believe that helps us create great games. We welcome all candidates that are aligned with our core values of shared ownership, smart decisions, and last but not least – having fun! We hope that you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more great perks of being a crew member. If you want to know more about Sharkmob and our projects, take a look at our homepage.