Sharkmob is making an exciting new game and we are looking for someone to help us make the best game possible! We are a team with big ambitions, so we value smart decisions, creative professionalism and passion for the craft. We are looking for somebody who cares deeply about gameplay and how players experience the game. The candidate we are looking for is a skilled gameplay programmer that can work closely with the design team to implement systems and features for the game.
As a gameplay programmer you will work with everything from combat and movement, to complex systems managing the game world. Gameplay programmers also make sure that all features implemented works well over the network and isn’t vulnerable to cheating.
- At least 2 years game development experience
- Great C++ Programmer
- Enjoys working with game designers to shape features and systems
- Good understanding in how to design, implement, and work in a feature rich game engine
- Ability to analyze and dissect gameplay features and what makes them work
- Ability to create systems that stretch from the network layer, to gameplay, up to presentation
- Effective communication and collaboration skills with other development disciplines
- Passion for games!
- Experience of working with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience working with network
- Shipped one or more games for PC and Console