We are looking for a Senior Character Artist with a passion for creating high quality characters to join our character team.
We are looking for artists who can thrive in a collaborative environment where the whole team works together for the benefit of all aspects of the game.
Artist in this position will create assets consistent with the look and feel established by the Art Director, in addition to participating in exploring and researching new pipelines and visuals.
This role offers great creative freedom and ownership, but it also comes with responsibility of leadership.
· Ensuring the visual excellence of the characters in the finished game.
· Creating high quality models for real time rendering, based on the art direction.
· Participating in planning and supervising.
· Critique character art assets and provide concise and constructive feedback internally and externally.
· Work closely with the design department and to ensure the art supports the gameplay.
· Strong understanding of anatomy, proportions, functionality & design
· Experience with AAA First or Third Person titles
· A great team-player: Self-motivated with good communication and problem-solving skills
· Strong proficiency in Maya, Zbrush,Marvelous Designer, Substance Painter and Photoshop.
· Experience leading and guiding other team members.
· Understands the needs of animation for proper geometry creation & function
· Able to receive and give constructive feedback.
· Ensure consistency and quality of work
· Understands latest game technology and pipelines required for creating AAA quality characters
· 4+ years of industry experience and at least one shipped title
· Must provide a portfolio that demonstrates the above skills
· A passion for games
· Traditional sculpting & artistic abilities
· Experience with Substance Designer and Unreal Engine, understanding of node-based shader networks is a plus.
· Ability to propagate learned knowledge to other art team members
· Experience with outsourcing pipelines.