Who we are
Sharkmob is on an epic journey, and we want you to join us! Sharkmob is growing and has opened a new studio in central London. The studio is currently in its founding stages, so this is a highly unique opportunity to be part of a great adventure!
Come explore new territory in the realm of AAA online gaming. Our studios are working on three new titles, one of which is a new IP that will be developed in London. Collaboration for us is key, working in cross-discipline teams allows us to bring together our expertise and create the best possible experiences for our players. We are looking for people who want to have fun at work, share ownership, and make smart decisions; responsible people who have a positive attitude, are passionate, and value professionalism. The games we are making, and the level of ambition we have, require a wide range of backgrounds and expertise. It takes lots of different people and we would love for you to be one of them!
Our Narrative Team
Our Narrative team is responsible for the world building and lore development of our new IP. They make sure that the world is delivered to our players through compelling environmental storytelling, world events, character development and dialogue, and other storytelling mediums.
- Lead the team responsible for developing the narrative, lore, and storylines of our game worlds.
- Work closely with our wider IP development team to develop our studios new IP from early ideation through to game delivery and beyond.
- Act as an evangelist for our world setting and lore within the studio and to our external partners.
- Maintain world building and lore bibles for all aspects of the games IP.
- Get hands-on with script writing, editing, narrative design, voice recording and cinematics.
- Ensure the final, high quality delivery of all aspects of narrative into the game.
- Mentor and coach more junior members of our narrative team.
Who you are
- You have experience leading a team of narrative designers and writers on open-world AAA games.
- You have a background of developing comprehensive and believable worlds that appeal to a broad range of audiences.
- You have proven capabilities as a writer, and an eye for cinematic delivery and timing.
- You are willing to get hands-on at ground level in all aspects of narrative design.
- You have an appreciation for both big picture narrative, and all the little details that make it believable.
- You have experience with environmental and non-linear storytelling, and a desire to facilitate organic player stories.
- You have a keen awareness of pop culture, current entertainment trends and relevant topics.
- You have a passion and broad familiarity with science-fiction, fantasy and/or real-world history.
How you will grow
At Sharkmob we want you to be the best you can be. That is why we will help you to learn and develop skills in: