Who we are
Sharkmob is on an epic journey, and we want you to join us! Sharkmob is growing and has opened a new studio in central London. The studio is currently in its founding stages, so this is a highly unique opportunity to be a part of a great adventure! Come explore new territory in the realm of AAA online gaming. Our studios are working on three new titles. The first being a battle royale twist on Vampire: The Masquerade. Collaboration for us is key. Working in cross-discipline teams allows us to bring together our expertise and create the best possible experiences for our players. We are looking for people who want to have fun at work, share ownership, and make smart decisions. Responsible people who have a positive attitude, are passionate, and value professionalism.
The games we are making, and the level of ambition we have, require a wide range of backgrounds and expertise. It takes lots of different people and we would love for you to be one of them!
Our Concept Team
The Concept Team works closely with Narrative and Design, engaged with creating and inspiring visuals that will help us to define and communicate our game’s vision to the wider studio. The team has a passion for world building by designing amazing environments, vehicles and characters that will later be brought to life in our games.
What you will do
- Create inspiring concepts that communicate the project’s visuals.
- Be proactive and work collaboratively with the wider team to drive our project forwards with exciting ideas.
- Continue to develop the skills of yourself and those around you.
- Work closely with the Art Director and Production Artists to develop and maintain consistent visual direction.
- Work closely with the production team to inform our project timelines.
Who you are
- Proven concept art skills and experience within the gaming or film industry with an accompanying portfolio.
- Excellent fundamental art skills including an understanding of light and colour, silhouettes, and value relationships.
- Confidence when working with photoreal material.
- Great communication skills that will see you supporting and collaborating with other disciplines.
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop or other digital painting packages combined with the ability and willingness to learn new tools and techniques.
- Provide in depth research, reference material, and develop conceptual ideas.
- Passionate in creating and playing games.
How you will grow
At Sharkmob we want you to be the best you can be. That is why we will help you to learn and develop skills in:
- How to collaborate effectively within a AAA game development team.
- A deeper understanding of how your personal work fits into a grand project vision.
- How best to inform and contribute to a project’s Art Direction as it is developed from the ground up.
- What the game development process looks like from start to finish.
- How to improve your core artistic skills and ultimately become an even better artist!