Who we are
Sharkmob is on an epic journey, and we want you to join us! Come explore new territory in the realm of AAA online gaming. Our studios are working on three new titles, the first being a battle royal twist on Vampire: The Masquerade.
Collaboration for us is key, working in cross-discipline teams allows us to bring together our expertise and create the best possible experiences for our players. We are looking for people who want to have fun at work, share ownership, and make smart decisions. Responsible people who have a positive attitude, are passionate, and value professionalism.
The games we are making, and the level of ambition we have, require a wide range of backgrounds and expertise. It takes lots of different people and we would love for you to be one of them!
Our engineering team
The Engineering Team is a multi-disciplinary group working across all things technology. We collaborate closely with Design, Narrative and Art to bring to life world class interactive experiences. We are passionate technologists who thrive on engineering excellence as well as pushing the boundaries of what is possible with new and innovative solutions.
What you will do
- Work across disciplines to formulate a coherent plan around gameplay delivery and quality.
- Work closely with the Technical Director to develop studio wide technology strategies and processes.
- Help develop designs and solutions to large scale gameplay problems in order to facilitate development of unique and world class experiences.
- Liaise with other disciplines to reduce friction, and to streamline iteration and productivity.
- Drive engineering excellence and high quality across our codebase.
- Mentor and encourage the development of your team and those around you.
- Work closely with the production team and directors group to inform our project timelines.
Who you are
- You have shipped a AAA title in a senior or lead gameplay role or similar.
- You are a skillful C/C++ programmer.
- You have an excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals and mathematics.
- You thrive on ambiguity and coming up with solutions to abstract problems.
- You have a good understanding of modern game engines, their architecture, and capabilities.
- You understand the intricacies and complexities of developing networked games and features.
- You are a great communicator that loves to collaborate within your team and across disciplines.
- You are a natural leader that loves to support and bring out the best in people around you.
- You have a real passion for online games.
- You have a good sense of game design and high quality in gameplay.
What you will learn
At Sharkmob we want you to be the best you can be. That is why we will help you to learn and develop skills in:
- Driving technological solutions that have impact across the entire studio.
- Planning, design and implementation of new and novel solutions to hard to solve problems in order to produce unique experiences.
- Building and developing a team from the ground up with tailored processes.
- Continued involvement in cutting edge technology evaluation and development.