Sharkmob is growing and has opened a new studio in central London called Sharkmob London Ltd. As part of a journey that started in Sweden in 2017, Sharkmob London will take AAA, hardcore multiplayer games to places nobody has gone before.
The UK studio is led by a core team of local industry veterans operating as a fully integrated part of Sharkmob, with backing from Tencent Games. Sharkmob is currently working on three different projects, one of which is a proprietary IP that will be developed in London.
The studio is currently in its founding stages, so this is a highly unique opportunity to be a part of a great adventure!
As part of our new team, we are looking for a Lead Combat Designer to join us and spearhead the design and delivery of industry leading combat experiences. We want you to take the lead on the 3C’s; Character, Controls and Camera. You will have full ownership over heroes, enemies, bosses, weapons and skills. Our ideal candidate has a serious passion for combat in its many forms.
What are we looking for?
- At least one shipped title as a Senior or Lead Combat Designer
- Passionate gamer, with an ability to analyse game features and content and understand what makes them work
- Prior experience with designing animation-based systems
- Strong understanding of combat systems in games across our industry
- A wealth of experience delivering features that rely on timing and ‘feel’
- Excellent rapid prototyping skills
- Experience leading a team of designers through the feature design process from concept to complete
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Experience delivering combat features and content for an online title
- Familiar with feature optimisation in live titles
- Serious passion for combat-focused games and RPG combat mechanics