Sharkmob is growing and has opened a new studio in central London called Sharkmob London Ltd. As part of a journey that started in Sweden in 2017, Sharkmob London will take AAA, hardcore multiplayer games to places nobody has gone before.
The UK studio is led by a core team of local industry veterans operating as a fully integrated part of Sharkmob, with backing from Tencent Games. Sharkmob is currently working on three different projects, one of which is a proprietary IP that will be developed in London.
The studio is currently in its founding stages, so this is a highly unique opportunity to be a part of a great adventure!
We are looking for an approachable and responsive IT Manager capable of formulating and applying creative solutions to a wide range of technical problems in a frequently changing environment.
The right candidate will be comfortable fulfilling the varied hardware and software needs of a rapidly growing games studio as well as maintaining infrastructure best-practices alongside peers at Sharkmob Malmö. You will be passionate about exploring new opportunities to leverage technology and work closely with HR to ensure that new employees have a frictionless onboarding experience during their first days at the studio.
- Provide technical support for the studio with a warm, professional and pragmatic manner
- Build, install and maintain the various studio devices (Desktops; Laptops, Servers; Conferencing)
- Configure and administer Perforce, Jira, Confluence and several other similar development tools
- Prevent bottlenecks by monitoring and managing the capacity of the local network infrastructure
- Support the organisation and smooth running of both internal and external playtests
- Own the London technology inventory and establish ordering, purchasing and RMA processes
- 2+ years in a relevant IT administration position for a studio or company over 50 employees
- A solid understanding of how to troubleshoot hardware, software and network issues
- Knowledge of Microsoft-based environments (Active Directory; Exchange; DHCP; Office365)
- A curiosity in automated systems such as Continuous Integration or Infrastructure-as-Code
- Familiarity with scripting languages and their application in IT (bash; Python; PowerShell)
- An interest in games as well as an up-to-date awareness of next-gen consoles and gaming rigs