Sharkmob is growing and has opened a new studio in central London called Sharkmob London Ltd. As part of a journey that started in Sweden in 2017, Sharkmob London will take AAA, hardcore multiplayer games to places nobody has gone before.
The UK studio is led by a core team of local industry veterans operating as a fully integrated part of Sharkmob, with backing from Tencent Games. Sharkmob is currently working on three different projects, one of which is a proprietary IP that will be developed in London.
The studio is currently in its founding stages, so this is a highly unique opportunity to be a part of a great adventure!
We are looking for an enthusiastic and accomplished Senior UX Designer with a strong appreciation of player motivations and behaviours in multiplayer online games and social interaction systems.
The right candidate will be comfortable taking responsibility for the player experience of game features by applying outstanding collaboration skills to communicate how engaging interactions can be achieved. You will be the primary advocate for the audience, from concept through to live operation, working closely within a cross-disciplinary team to ensure that we create player experiences that are world class.
- Own the player experience for features throughout the full development life cycle
- Determine and iterate upon the logic, layout and visual syntax of best-in-class interaction flows
- Support feature design by creating wireframes, interactive prototypes, player paths and personas
- Produce intuitive experiences by evaluating the interaction quality and consistency of releases
- Validate player experience preferences through usability studies, expert reviews and playtests
- Identify competitor trends and industry best-practice by conducting marketplace research
- 5+ years in a relevant design position with identifiable products or services released to market
- A broad appreciation of UX design methodologies and human-computer interaction philosophies
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills in delivering both feedback and proposals
- A broad awareness of current AAA gaming experiences, especially in the PC and console space
- Proficiency in design software such as Figma, Axure RP, Sketch, InVision or Adobe Creative Suite
- A portfolio that demonstrates engaging user interactions alongside a strong eye for visual design