Sharkmob is growing and has opened a new studio in central London called Sharkmob London Ltd. As part of a journey that started in Sweden in 2017, Sharkmob London will take AAA, hardcore multiplayer games to places nobody has gone before.
The UK studio is led by a core team of local industry veterans operating as a fully integrated part of Sharkmob, with backing from Tencent Games. Sharkmob is currently working on three different projects, one of which is a proprietary IP that will be developed in London.
The studio is currently in its founding stages, so this is a highly unique opportunity to be a part of a great adventure!
As part of our new team, we are looking for a Senior Vehicle Handling Designer to join us and contribute to the delivery of vehicle systems and gameplay. You will be given full ownership of vehicle systems from concept through to completion.
What are we looking for?
- 5+ years of high-profile, console or PC title experience, in a vehicle handling role
- Experience defining the handling style, difficulty and balance for a high-profile game
- Set and share handling best practices, pipelines and workflows
- Point of contact for the team on all things vehicle handling
- Experience prototyping game features
- Passionate gamer, with a particular interest and understanding of driving games
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
- A team player capable of mentoring junior members of the team
- A passion for real world vehicles and motorsports
- Familiar with the Unreal Engine, combat games and GAAS
- Experience working with player data to improve vehicle handling