Who we are
Sharkmob is on an epic journey, and we want you to join us! Sharkmob is growing and has opened a new studio in central London. The studio is currently in its founding stages, so this is a highly unique opportunity to be part of a great adventure!
Come explore new territory in the realm of AAA online gaming. Our studios are working on three new titles, one of which is a new IP that will be developed in London. Collaboration for us is key, working in cross-discipline teams allows us to bring together our expertise and create the best possible experiences for our players. We are looking for people who want to have fun at work, share ownership, and make smart decisions; responsible people who have a positive attitude, are passionate, and value professionalism.
The games we are making, and the level of ambition we have, require a wide range of backgrounds and expertise. It takes lots of different people and we would love for you to be one of them!
Our Design Team
The Design Team is a multi-disciplinary group focused on the delivery of compelling player experiences through ideation, iteration, and implementation. The team is passionate about finding creative solutions to design challenge and responsible for filtering the game vision into individual features, levels, quests and encounters. Collaborating closely with all other disciplines, the design team supports features throughout the full development lifecycle to ensure that high-quality experiences are delivered on schedule.
What you will do
- Take ownership of features throughout their development, and act as an ambassador for the features you own.
- Maintain design documentation and be a major contributor to the ideation process.
- Solicit feedback from a multi-disciplinary team of designers, artists, and engineers.
- Ensure that the final delivery of features are fun, engaging, and meets the expectations of our fanbase.
- Develop feature prototypes for early testing and iteration.
- Ensure productive playtesting, fix reported bugs, and secure Director validation.
- Iterate upon live experiences using direct player data and community feedback.
- Support and mentor more junior members of the design team.
Who you are
- You have industry experience as a senior game designer.
- Someone with a demonstrable track record of feature ownership from at least one console or PC title.
- You have experience leading a cross-discipline team to provide high quality features and content to players.
- Experienced prototyping game features.
- You have feature development experience from an online title.
- A person with a love of RPG games.
- You have experience developing character progression features.
- A passionate gamer, with an ability to analyse game features and understand what makes them work.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A team player capable of mentoring junior members of the team.
- You are experienced working with player data to improve game content.
How you will grow
At Sharkmob we want you to be the best you can be. That is why we will help you to learn and develop.
- Continue to develop collaborative skills within a AAA game development team.
- Improve your understanding of player-centric development. Putting the player at the centre of your feature and content decisions.
- Gain experience with live-operated features.
- Increase your familiarity with the Unreal Engine and Games-as-a-Service.
- Improve your leadership skills and further enhance your knowledge across various design specialisations.