Are you LFG? We have a researcher and a writer, and now the group needs someone with solid technical/design experience from online games. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is help us create a fantastic new universe - a thrilling place of adventure, fun and excitement! A place where you can forge new friendships, make bitter enemies and experience countless memorable moments. A place of emergent player stories. But this place isn’t going to build itself, which is why we need people with narrative and writing skills.
An important part of how we work is the use of a creative framework, we call it IP Direction. This framework focuses the devteams creativity, it creates a content platform for us to build on and it defines the basic rules of the game world. The persons responsible for the creation and maintenance of that framework are the Lore Masters. And like every good chef, we also do quests and stories.
A Lore Master is a multifaceted person with the imagination of an artist, hand of a writer, mind of a designer and communication skills of a diplomat. But don’t worry, you don’t need to master all those aspects yet; it is enough if you cover most and are willing to learn the rest. You love creating worlds (and everything in them!), weaving narratives that resonate with the audience and collaborating with others to turn all that into a playable game. On a day to day basis you will switch between working alone with narrative content, syncing with other Lore Masters and integrating everything into the game with the rest of the team. We are trying to create a highly participatory experience where player stories are the focus so we do not create their stories – they do. We do provide the playground that makes this possible however. It is a world of fascinating characters, immersive plots, engaging conflicts, breath-taking locations and rich history. We are going to build a small team of Lore Masters and we would love to hear from you if this sounds like your dream job!
- Some experience in the field of writing / narrative work
- Plenty of experience with quest design and implementation on online multiplayer RPG’s / MMO’s
- Mastery of the English language
- Solid collaboration and communication skills
- Great imagination
- The desire to facilitate organic player stories rather than just write scripted narratives
- Experience working with Unreal Engine
- An awareness of pop culture, current entertainment trends and relevant topics
- Feel free to share any preferences of genre, narrative styles or other relevant info in your application – this will greatly help the selection process!