We are extending our team focused on building the tech for our next ambitious project. The project is our own proprietary IP and we are looking for Tech/Engine Coder who share our values and passion for creating the best games possible.
Sharkmob's crew has high ambitions, so we value smart decisions, creativity, and passion for the craft. If you consider yourself to be a skilled Coder that thrives in close collaborations with others - then we might be the next challenge you're looking for.
Why is this a great time to join Sharkmob?
"The projects will face a lot of interesting challenges when it comes to world building, pipelines, streaming and performance - I can't wait to take them on!" - Johan Bernhardsson, Associate Technical Director on our second project.
We are working with UE5, but while it is a feature-rich and established engine, our games require something more. Your task would be to improve the existing functionality and framework in Unreal, using the existing technology to implement new and alternative features to further improve the engine for our purposes.
Desired experience and skills:
- Game engine or renderer development experience.
- Great C++ programmer.
- A good understanding of how to design, implement, and work in a feature-rich game engine.
- A solid understanding of profiling and optimization for speed and memory.
- An understanding of how to run tasks concurrently safely and efficiently.
- Driven by supporting the whole team and disciplines.
- A true collaborative spirit - who ensures smooth and efficient communication between disciplines.
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4 and 5.
- Experience from PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X development.
- Deep understanding of concurrency and how to optimize it, both on the CPU and GPU.
- Knowledgeable of how modern rendering pipelines and techniques work.
You may be asked to complete a take-home assignment as part of the interview process.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden and is open to all applicants intending to relocate as soon as possible.
Who we are
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA-quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights. Our first game, Bloodhunt, was released last year and we are currently working on two proprietary, unannounced projects.
At Sharkmob, we are committed to building an inclusive team that represents diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skillsets – because we believe that helps us create great games. We welcome all candidates that are aligned with our core values of shared ownership, smart decisions and last but not least – having fun! We hope that you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more great perks of being a crew member. If you want to know more about Sharkmob and our projects, take a look at our homepage.