As a Senior Gameplay Animator, you will help bring our game characters and worlds to life by making AAA quality gameplay animations for our project. You'll work with the Lead Animator, Art Director and Art Manager to identify and implement solutions to increase the animation quality. You will also work closely with the both the Game Design team and Gameplay Engineering team to improve the player experience and further develop our animation systems.
- Create high quality in-game character animation, using a variety of industry standard techniques, such as keyframe, motion capture and procedural animation
- Author and manage Animation Networks, State Machines, Blend Graphs and events to create highly responsive gameplay action that feels great to control
- Alongside the Production Team and Art Manager plan and organise the teams work, raising and track risks and mitigations where appropriate.
- Regularly communicate with the Lead Animator, Art Director and Art Manager to discuss progress and review animation work.
- Collaborate with all disciplines to understand their animation requirements and propose and implement solutions to these.
- Highly motivated and passionate about creating games and animation.
- Excellent professional skills, demonstrating a keen interest of dynamic action, posing, timing, body mechanics and physicality.
- Proactive in identifying and resolving complex technical and artistic challenges, communicating this to the relevant stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Proven track record in delivering AAA gameplay animation.
- Detailed understanding of modern game development, animation toolsets and techniques.
- Enjoy working with other disciplines to define animation requirements, creative tools and pipelines.
- In depth knowledge and love for games, industry trends and a drive for excellence and innovation.
Sharkmob London is a brand-new AAA studio in the heart of London, with aspirations to build one of the largest and most creatively ambitious development teams in the world. Just like the original Sharkmob studio in Malmö, Sharkmob London was founded by a team of industry veterans. As a part of Tencent Games we have the experience, backing, and ambition to build the games of the future!
At Sharkmob, we are committed to building an inclusive team that represents diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skillsets – because we believe that helps us create great games. We welcome all candidates that are aligned with our core values of shared ownership, smart decisions and last but not least – having fun!
Remuneration and benefits
- Competitive salaries based on up-to-date data from external benchmarking providers & reviewed annually.
- 30 days annual leave, in addition to all UK Bank Holidays.
- Hybrid work-from-home policy.
- Discretionary annual performance-based bonus.
- Private pension (10% total, up to 5% individual contribution matched by Sharkmob).
- BUPA private Healthcare, Cigna dental cover, life insurance scheme and income protection policy.
- £425 yearly preventative healthcare allowance.
- Core studio hours 10:00-16:00 with 1 'wellness hour' to be used per week.
- Daily breakfasts, snacks & refreshments at the studio.
- VISA sponsorship (individual & dependents).
- Relocation assistance for people outside the UK (1 month accommodation, flights/travel paid for, logistics/removal costs reimbursed).
- Assistance for people relocating within the UK (reimbursement for expenses on travel into London for flat viewings and moving vans/couriers)